Things are heating up…oh yeah, summer is here! (Well, not officially, but close enough). It’s hot out – time for tank tops and tans, sunglasses and sunscreen. Sundresses, sandals, sitting on the patio, sipping on a cold drink, shaping up the bod, showing off a new swimsuit…all (hot) stuff synonymous with summer.
I love this time of year. The kids are out of school (no homework), the days are longer, the weather is warm, there’s more getting out and about, taking vacations, I could go on and on… And, people just seem to generally be in better moods. Ahhh, sweet summer!
As a tribute to this sizzling season, I’ve created a ‘Top 10 of Summer’ list. It includes all of my summertime faves and essentials. For the pool, for the beach, for every day.
- The entire Fake Bake collection – get a sun soaked look without the harmful rays. Self-tanning creams and sprays for every skin type and color.
- Anything from MD Solar Sciences – SPF sunscreens and more offer the perfect protection.
- Amir Argan Oil Touch of Tan Moisturizer – Moisture + a natural, gradual, healthy glow.
- TheBalm Bahama Mama Matte Bronzer – Enhance your color with this bronzing powder. I love to use it on my cheeks before applying blush, and on my neck, to bring up the tan from my chest.
- Jericho Aloe Vera Gel – Let’s face it, sunburns happen. Soothe with this cooling, healing gel made with natural aloe and salt from the Dead Sea.
- Mineral Fusion SPF 30 Brush-On Sun Defense – If lotions and creams make you feel oily, give this a try. All natural for women, men and kids.
- HydroPeptide Solar Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – A non-greasy sunscreen with anti-aging ingredients. It even won a beauty award!
- Crack Leave-In Styling Treatment – Sun and heat protection for your hair. It smoothes and tames frizz even in humidity.
- Miracle Skin Transformer Lip Rewind SPF 20 – Your lips need protection, too. Choose from 5 flattering shades.
- Nubar Nail Lacquer – Lots of bright colors for beach- or pool-ready nails and toes.
There you go…hot stuff to make summer even better. Have fun in the sun!
Photos by j.steele.photography